FedRAMP Lessons Learned for Small Businesses
The FedRAMP PMO is committed to helping small businesses and startups navigate the FedRAMP authorization process and we want to highlight an important resource for small businesses on our website - Seven Lessons Learned for Small Businesses and Startups.
The FedRAMP PMO conducted interviews with various companies that have obtained or are working to obtain a FedRAMP authorization. The goal of those interviews was to provide an overview of the seven most important lessons these small businesses and startups reported learning while working with FedRAMP. We hope that these tips will help guide small businesses and startups when considering a FedRAMP authorization in the future.
From these interviews, we gathered the following top tips for any small business or startup pursuing a FedRAMP authorization:
- Understand how your product maps to FedRAMP.
- Get organizational buy-in and commitment.
- Find an Agency partner.
- Spend time accurately defining your boundary.
- Think of FedRAMP as a continuous program, rather than just a project with a start and end date.
- Carefully consider your authorization approach.
- The FedRAMP PMO is here to serve as a valuable resource
Last fall, FedRAMP held an event focused on small businesses in San Francisco and we look forward to hosting additional events this year. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.